We have a sweet spot for simple and natural decor this time of the year! When it smells amazing, it's like the icing on top. If you haven't ever dried oranges for easy and sniff-worthy holiday garlands, stop what you are doing right now and check out this sweet and simple DIY from Tara of @taramoon!
Christmas traditions are the best! One that is so fun and we continue to do every year is drying oranges and stringing them for our tree and garland around the house. It's such a cute decoration and it makes your entire house smell like Christmas! Below you can follow these simple instructions and make your own!
How to dry Oranges.
- The hardest part of this is having the patience to wait for them to be dry!
- Slice your oranges into thin discs. Discard the ends.
- Blot any excess juice onto a paper towel.
- Place the slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper .
- Place in your oven at 200 degrees for 5 hours, turning once.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Here comes the fun part! String them on twine for garland or for present decoration.
Enjoy! & Happy Holidays!